Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Buying and selling online in Malaysia

In Malaysia, buying and selling online was not very famous and common about 6-7 years ago. Most of the time we only heard about trading online via ebay. Even Ebay Malaysia was not available at that time.I remember the nearest ebay website for dealing was Singapore. Most of the item posted on ebay was either from US or Europe. And we need to have some online account such as paypal or credit card for transaction. One day, I heard about a online local website like ebay was lelong.com. One of my friend bought a bracelet from lelong and told me about it. The first impression that I have was is it safe and can it be done?

Well today we can see the online trading/transaction had grown so much in Malaysia with lelong.com having millions of hit per day and ebay.com also available now. I myself joined ebay since 2005 and lelong since 2004. I did many transactions and it has been a good experience even though there are 2 times I been conned. :P A lesson to be learned. One thing I learned that we need some cyber law to protect those trading online and also to catch those cyber criminal. In Malaysia, the local authority has draft cyber laws and also special cyber cops to deal with the uprising of cyber criminal in Malaysia.

Hopefully we will find a better place to trade online..... I will share some info on lelong and ebay feedback being a user from Malaysia.

Regards

No comments: